Underground cable failure causes Chico fire

Jun 24, 2014 3:09 PM by News Staff

A fire that started from an underground PG&E transformer caused authorities to shut down 3rd Avenue between Broadway and Salem, and left 45 PG&E customers without power for more than 3 hours.

The fire, reported at 12:45 p.m. by a PG&E employee who spotted smoke, started under the sidewalk right outside the public parking garage on Broadway and Salem when a PG&E underground cable failed.

Power was restored to all customers at 4:30 p.m.


Most Popular