Apr 24, 2015 9:09 PM by Cecile Juliete
It's a mystery on Elm Street in Chapmantown.
A quiet neighborhood, and a quiet house.
A house Chico Police know, but not for calls of any significance.
Wednesday morning a worker discovered the bodies of two men who were roommates, one was 58 the other 60.
The men apparently dies within hours of each other. But how they died is a mystery.
Police said they checked the home and found nothing obvious. The fire department was called to check for carbon monoxide poisoning. They said any traces of the poison would be found in a test at the coroner's office. The test revealed no traces of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Neighbors said the men had medical issues but two men, unrelated and roommates die within hours of each other. Police said it is unusual but not impossible.
Since their discovery, the Butte County Coroner's Office has released the names of one of the men, John Fontes,58, of Chico.
The other man's name will not be released until the next of kin has been notified.