Trailer burns up after honey oil explosion

Dec 20, 2015 12:45 PM by News Staff

A travel trailer went up in smoke Saturday after a candle ignited butane being used for making honey oil.

Chico Fire Department responded to the small fire in the trailer while it was parked in the drive way on Geneva Lane in Chico. Firefighters contacted the owner, Alan Moon, 44 who said he had lit a candle in the trailer.

Moon was released from the scene pending charges from the Butte County District attorney’s office. Although the fire was about a block from a middle school, no one was hurt in the explosion.


Most Popular