Sep 2, 2014 5:08 PM by News Staff
The Tehama County Sheriff's Office announced Tuesday that the death of a 14-month-old girl originally ruled suspicious by authorities, was accidental.
An autopsy showed the girl died from a popcorn kernel that ruptured her intestines. The girl was pronounced dead after being transported to St. Elizabeth's Hospital Wednesday night, and according to the Sheriff's office she had been having difficulties breathing all day.
According to a news release from the sheriff's office, the popcorn kernel became lodged in and blocked her intestinal tract. This lead to a bowel rupture and the onset of a rapid infection leading to her death.
There is no evidence of abuse and the case does not meet the standard for criminal neglect.
2 days ago