Sep 15, 2014 3:07 PM by News Staff
STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) - Police have arrested a 16-year-old boy on suspicion of moving what had been an intended getaway car after a deadly Northern California bank robbery.
Stockton Police Chief Eric Jones said Monday the teen was arrested on Thursday and booked on suspicion of being an accessory after the fact.
Jones says the teen was in the same gang as the three suspects who robbed a Bank of the West branch in Stockton on July 16. The robbers carjacked a vehicle instead of using the car that was later moved.
Two of the suspected robbers and a hostage, 41-year-old Misty Holt-Singh, were killed during an exchange of gunfire with police.
Prosecutors say the sole surviving suspect, 19-year-old Jaime Ramos, used Holt-Sing as a human shield. Police have said a preliminary report shows Holt-Singh was killed by police.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.