Dec 10, 2014 6:37 PM by News Staff
Redding fire investigators believe a honey oil lab exploded inside a garage Thursday, completely destroying the garage, a van and damaging the home.
Residents living in the area of 4066 Remington Drive say they heard loud explosions around 8:30 p.m. Firefighters were able to knock down the blaze before significant damage was done to the rest of the home.
Investigators say the fire originally started when a gas heater in the garage caught fire. After the initial flames broke out, hundreds of butane gas canisters exploded and ended up scattered across the neighborhood.
No injuries were reported, however all the occupants of the home fled after they called 911. No arrests have been made.