Apr 9, 2014 11:54 AM
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. has announced that it has invited every craft brewery in the country to take part in a multi-weekend traveling beer festival this summer and the first one is set to take place in Chico on July 19.
More than 2,700 breweries have been invited to participate in the Beer Camp Across America celebration.
In a press release Sierra Nevada’s founder Ken Grossman said “We’re about to open a second brewery in North Carolina, and while that’s exciting for us, it’s an even greater reason to celebrate the future of craft brewers everywhere. We’ve watched and learned from each other for decades, and together we’ve seen tastes change and craft’s momentum snowball. Beer Camp Across America is our way of reflecting on this—with thousands of brewers, fans and great beers. It should be pretty fun.”
Beer Camp Across America will feature seven stops, in cities with thriving craft beer cultures, moving geographically west to east. Each tour stop will feature that city’s local and surrounding regional brewers. The festivals will appropriately begin and end at Sierra Nevada’s two brewing locations, kicking off in Chico where it took root in 1980, and culminating in Mills River, NC for the grand opening of its East Coast brewery.
The locations and dates of each festival are as follows:
* Sat, July 19th: Northwest Edition at Sierra Nevada Hop Field in Chico, CA, 12-5 p.m.
* Sun, July 20th: Southwest Edition at Embarcadero North in San Diego, CA, 1-6 p.m.
* Fri, July 25th: Rocky Mountain Edition at Sculpture Park in Denver, CO, 5-10 p.m.
* Sun, July 27th: Midwest Edition at Navy Pier in Chicago, IL, 12-5 p.m.
* Fri, August 1st: New England Edition at Thompson Point in Portland, ME, 5-10 p.m.
* Sat, August 2nd: Mid-Atlantic Edition at Penn Treaty Park in Philadelphia, PA, 12-5 p.m.
* Sun, August 3rd: Southeast Edition in Mills River, NC, 1-6 p.m.
Each festival will feature up to two beers per brewery, food vendors, and live music by the MarchFourth Marching Band spectacle. Tickets are now on sale at www.SierraNevada.com/BeerCamp and are limited to 5,000 per venue. Tickets cost $65 for general admission, which includes a tasting glass and unlimited tastings.
1 day ago