Residential Fire in Redding

Jul 18, 2013 7:57 PM

A fire started in the oven caused major damage to a home in Redding tonight.

It started shortly after 5 p.m. at 2246 Washington Avenue near Olympus in the "Park Marina area. The woman who lived at the residence told fire investigators say she left bacon cooking in the oven and left briefly, but was gone longer than expected. When the woman returned she her house on fire. No one was hurt, and firefighters were able to stop it from spreading to neighboring homes.

The 2200 block Washington Avenue was closed for a couple hours.


Most Popular