Relatives: Man, kids died from carbon monoxide poisoning

Apr 7, 2015 12:24 AM

PRINCESS ANNE, Maryland (AP) - Relatives say a man and his seven children found dead in their Princess Anne, Maryland, home Monday were poisoned by carbon monoxide from a generator they were using after the power company cut off their electricity.

Police found the bodies at the home after being contacted by a concerned co-worker of the father, who had not been seen for days.

Officials have identified the victims only as an adult and seven juveniles. They say the cause of the deaths is still under investigation.

But two relatives identify the eight as 36-year-old Rodney Todd and his five daughters and two sons, ranging in age 6 to 15.

They also say electricity to the Todd house had been disconnected because of an outstanding bill. A police official says a generator found in the kitchen was out of gasoline.


Most Popular