Apr 25, 2014 2:33 PM
Prescription drug take back day, a national effort encouraging people to get rid of unused prescription drugs at local police departments and other designated drop-off sites is tomorrow April 26.
Drop off locations in the area will be open Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The take back day is an opportunity for people to dispose of expired, unwanted, or unused medications. The drugs are a potential source of supply for illegal use and pose a risk to public health and safety.
Last year in just four hours Shasta County residents turned in over 600 pounds of unused, expired and unwanted medication.
The program is free to participants and all donors will be able to remain anonymous.
Here is a list of area locations:
• Chico: Enloe Medical Center, 560 Cohasset Road
• Redding: Redding Police Department, 900 Dana Dr.
• Oroville: Oroville Hospital Comp Care Clinic, 900 Oro Dam Blvd.
• Paradise: Immediate Care Medical Center, 5875 Clark Road
• Orland: Glenn County Sheriff's Office substation, 821 E, South St.
• Gridley: Annex at 284 Spruce St., two doors down from Orchard Hospital
• Willows: Glenn County Sheriff's Office, 543 W. Oak St.
• Corning: Corning Police Department, 774 Third St.
• Hamilton City: Hamilton City Fire Department, 420 First St.
2 days ago