Sep 26, 2014 12:52 PM by News Staff
Prescription drug take back day, a national effort encouraging people to get rid of unused prescription drugs at local police departments and other designated drop-off sites is tomorrow September 27.
Drop off locations in the area will be open Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The take back day is an opportunity for people to dispose of expired, unwanted, or unused medications. The drugs are a potential source of supply for illegal use and pose a risk to public health and safety.
Last year in just four hours Shasta County residents turned in over 600 pounds of unused, expired and unwanted medication.
The program is free to participants and all donors will be able to remain anonymous.
Here is a list of area locations:
• Shasta County: Mt. Shasta Mall, Sears parking lot
• Red Bluff: Tehama County Sheriff's Office, 22840 Antelope Blvd.
• Yuba City: Sutter County Sheriff's Office, Yuba City, 1077 Civic Center Blvd.
• Marysville: Linda Fire Station #1, 1286 Scales Ave.
• Corning: Corning Police Department, 774 Third St.