Popular Wrestler Chyna may have died from accidental overdose

Apr 27, 2016 9:51 PM by Debbie Cobb

REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (AP) - Chyna's manager says he believes the former wrestling star died of an accidental overdose of a prescription sleeping pill and a tranquilizer.

Anthony Anzaldo says Chyna had long taken Ambien and a generic version of Valium. But he suspects she'd taken more than her usual prescription in the past two or three weeks.

She posted a disjointed and rambling video online days before her death.

Anzaldo says Chyna had begun working through emotional issues with a psychiatrist and that placed her under additional stress. He says she wasn't depressed, but she may have been "self-medicating" more than she should have.

Anzaldo found the body of the 46-year-old in bed at her Redondo Beach home on April 20.

The coroner hasn't released a cause of death pending toxicology results.


Most Popular