Apr 14, 2015 12:57 PM by News Staff
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) - The parents of a Vermont woman who died last year have sued Botox maker Allergan, saying treatment of her cerebral palsy with Botox contributed to her death.
The Burlington Free Press reports Mike and Susan Fortuna, of Shelburne, sued last week, accusing Allergan of failing to warn of dangers, negligence and breach of the Vermont Consumer Fraud Act in treating their 21-year-old daughter, Mandy Fortuna.
Allergan hasn't commented on the lawsuit.
In November, a Vermont jury awarded a New York family $6.75 million in their lawsuit against Allergan. Their lawyer said 7-year-old Joshua Drake developed epilepsy after getting Botox injections for his cerebral palsy. Joshua and Fortuna were treated by the same doctor.
Allergan is contesting the verdict. It's said Botox is a safe way to treat leg spasms.
Information from: The Burlington Free Press
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
22 hours ago