Paradise mobile home fire caused by manufacturing of concentrated cannabis

Jan 1, 2014 12:36 PM

The man who was severely burned in a mobile home fire in Paradise yesterday afternoon admitted to investigators he was creating concentrated cannabis with butane gas when the substance ignited, according to the Paradise Police Department.

Cal Fire, the Paradise Fire Department, and the Paradise Police Department responded to the mobile home fire at Towhee Lane around 12:30 p.m. yesterday to find the structure engulfed in flames. Police officers found the 26-year-old male resident outside the home with severe burns over most of his body, according to the department’s press release.

The victim was transported to Enloe Medical Center via Flight Care and eventually flown to UC Davis Medical Center. The Skyway was closed for roughly two hours while fire crews worked to contain and extinguish the fire.

During the investigation, the male victim reportedly admitted to officers he was manufacturing concentrated cannabis by means of butane gas. The department states at some point the substance ignited, burned the man, and caught the mobile home on fire. The department is conducting a criminal investigation and the District Attorney will determine whether or not to file charges.

As of last night the man was listed as critical but stable condition.


Most Popular