Overnight construction sparks small electrical fire in downtown Chico

Jul 8, 2015 8:08 AM by News Staff

Chico, Calif -- Chico Fire and PG&E crews were called to downtown Chico after overnight construction sparked a small electrical fire.

Around 1:00 a.m., officials say an unmanned machine was digging when it accidentally hit an electrical wire, causing smoke and a small fire in a vault underground.

Main Street between 2nd and 3rd Streets remains closed as of late Wednesday morning and power is out for businesses along the block. There is no estimated time of reopening or power restoration.

The fire did not cause damage to businesses, no injuries were reported. Traffic will likely be impacted throughout Wednesday until lanes are reopened.


Most Popular