Oct 4, 2015 3:35 PM by News Staff
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio mother whose adult son died of a drug overdose this year says he knew the risks posed by painkiller-laced heroin flooding the state.
Cindy King-Anderson says her son, Sean O'Connor, had lost a number of friends to heroin-related fentanyl overdoses.
The 31-year-old O'Connor was found dead in a home in suburban Cleveland in early May with heroin and the painkiller fentanyl in his system.
Ohio health authorities are blaming a spike in fentanyl-laced heroin for yet another record year of overdose deaths in 2014.
The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration says fentanyl can be 30 to 50 times more powerful than heroin.
King-Anderson wants to spread the word of her son's death to prevent similar tragedies.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.