Mar 11, 2015 1:41 PM by Ross Field
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - NASCAR has lifted its suspension of Kurt Busch and says the former champion can compete in the championship Chase should he qualify.
Busch missed the first three races of the season when NASCAR suspended him for an alleged domestic assault on his ex-girlfriend. He was suspended two days before the season-opening Daytona 500, and lost two rounds of appeals the day before the race.
The Delaware attorney general last week declined to charge Busch for the September incident with Patricia Driscoll. Also last week, NASCAR said Busch was following a path to reinstatement.
NASCAR said Wednesday that Busch complied with all requirements of the program, but is under indefinite probation.
(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
1 day ago