Missing Petaluma man confirmed alive following Nepal quake

Apr 29, 2015 11:50 AM by News Staff

SANTA ROSA, Calif. (AP) - A former Pentluma man is alive after he was initially unaccounted for following the deadly earthquake that struck Nepal.

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports that 21-year-old Spencer Dickinson was in the country on a six-month "spiritual journey" to Asia when the magnitude 7.8 earthquake hit.

He had been missing since the weekend.

His father, Bob Dickinson, said the 2011 Petaluma High School graduate called him over satellite phone around 7:50 Tuesday evening.

Dickinson's mother, Lisa Rosenbush, said she hasn't slept since her son went missing.

"I can't wait to sleep," she said.

Dickinson said he was OK but only had a few moments to talk. He said he was aboard a helicopter transporting dead bodies off Mount Everest.

His father said Dickinson "sounded good. He sounded strong."


Information from: The Santa Rosa Press Democrat

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.


Most Popular