The Shasta Regional Community Foundation has awarded more than 20 Community Service Organizations a total of $389,596.00 in grants from the McConnell Fund. The money went to non-profits in Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity Counties.
This brings the total grants awarded from the Shasta Regional Community Foundation to over $12 million since its inception in 2000. The Community Foundation's McConnell Fund grant making program serves provides grants each spring and fall, with the goal of strengthening and building better communities.
The following organizations were awarded funding through the recent cycle:
1. State Theatre for the Arts - $65,000 to refurbish the historic blade and marquee.
2. Tehama County Fire Department - $7,150 to replace AED machines.
3. Tehama County Resource Conservation District - $39,620 to purchase a commercial chipper.
4. Tehama Together, Inc . - $7,310 for 211 Tehama equipment.
5. Anderson Historical Society - $10,000 for electrical work in the Buggy Barn.
6. Child Abuse Prevention Coordinating Council (Shasta) - $15,578 for technology at the Anderson Teen Center.
7. Cottonwood Creek Charter School - $50,000 for two playground equipment sites.
8. Cottonwood Fire Protection District - $22,780 to purchase AED machines.
9. Happy Valley Union Elementary School District - $23,690 to update performance stage.
10. Mountain Community Center - $2,165 to replace and repair water storage tank.
11. Shasta Library Foundation - $13,250 for purchase of technology and equipment for literacy stations.
12. Tri County Community Network - $10,000 for an electronic sign contingent on final plan.
13. Friends of Hibbard Field, Inc. - $30,000 to construct ADA restrooms.
14. California Grange Foundation (Gazelle Grange) - $6,800 to repaint the gym ceiling.
15. Heritage Junction Museum of McCloud - $18,445 to re-roof the museum building.
16. Mt. Shasta High School - $8,000 to the Interact Club for the purchase of an electronic sign for the High School.
17. Siskiyou County Probation Department - $10,088 to renovate a portion of the facility to run a dog training program.
18. Alturas Community Theater - $20,000 to upgrade and improve electrical equipment.
19. Modoc Medical Center Auxiliary - $10,000 to purchase a cardiac telemetry system.
20. Human Response Network - $8,500 to replace the roof at the Hayfork Youth Center.
21. Lewiston Sparkies - $1,570 to replace the rope lights on the historic Lewiston Bridge.
For more information about future deadlines and other details for this and the other funds of
the Community Foundation please visit www.shastarcf.org. ##