Man Using Oxygen Sparks Fire By Smoking

Mar 17, 2014 9:03 PM

An explosion and fire sent a Ridge couple fleeing for their lives Monday afternoon.
A husband and wife escaped the flames with their pets, at their home on Middle Libby Road in Paradise.
The fire was reported at about 4 p.m., when neighbors called 911 after seeing black smoke pouring out of a window at the front of the home.
Firefighters say the cause of the fire was a man using oxygen, who lit a cigarette.
Captain John Singler told Action News Now that, " Oxygen increases the flammability of everything around you, your facial hair, your clothes, the bedding, it makes the fire burn more abundantly."
Quick action by fire crews confined the blaze to the bedroom and its contents .###


Most Popular