Man recovering after being burned in Redding fire

Feb 15, 2016 8:56 AM by Cheryl Wengren

One person is recovering after being burned in a fire in Redding.

Fire crews responded Saturday just before midnight to a fire at an apartment complex on the 2500 block of Sabre Court.

One man suffered second degree burns and smoke inhalation trying to rescue five dogs from an apartment.

He was taken to Mercy Medical Center for treatment.

No one else was hurt.

Fire officials say the blaze was accidentally started by a extension cord beneath a pile of clothes in a closet.


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4