Jul 25, 2015 3:18 PM by News Staff
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles police have arrested a man suspected in the shooting death of a woman gunned down while walking with her boyfriend in Hollywood earlier this month.
Officer Matthew Ludwig says 31-year-old Ezeoma Obioha was arrested Friday evening on suspicion of murder. He was held on $1 million bail.
Thirty-year-old Carrie Melvin was shot and killed July 5 on a residential street just off Sunset Boulevard.
Officials said the suspect walked up to the couple and fired one round from a shotgun, striking the woman. He then jumped into the driver's seat of a black sedan and drove off.
Investigators say Obioha knew the victim and the shooting may stem from a financial dispute.
Ludwig didn't know if Obioha has a lawyer.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
2 days ago