Butte County has set up stations for individuals to pick up sandbags during the heavy rainfall over the weekend. Below is a a list of locations to pick up sandbags in Butte County:
Butte County Fire Station 41 - Nord 13871 CA-99
Butte County Fire Station 72 - Palermo 2290 Palermo Road
The fire stations listed above have sand available. Bags may be available in limited quantities. Please take only what you need. Please bring a shovel to fill your bags.
- Public Works Yard
G Street at 10th Street
- Town of Paradise, Town Hall
5 empty bags per person
- Swiss Link
5365 Clark Road
StormBags only (expand when wet)
- Thomas Ace Hardware
5720 Clark Road
60 lb. tube sand bags and empty bags
- City of Oroville
1275 Mitchell Ave
Sand and bags will be available starting mid-November throughout the rainy season.
Available Monday to Friday
7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sand and bags may be made available after hours and on the weekends during heavy rain events.
- Better Deal Exchange
1845 Mitchell Avenue
50 lb. bag of sand and empty bags
- Home Depot
2150 3rd Street
empty bags and bulk sand
Butte County officials have some tips for residents during the storm:
- Make a place for water to runoff.
- Clear ditches on your property or adjacent to your property of vegetation and other debris before it rains to ensure water runoff has a place to flow.
- Be aware permits may be required to work in some creeks, streams, rivers, and ditches not maintained by the County.
- Be ready to protect your property with sandbags.
- Have full sandbags stored onsite and ready to use during a heavy rain event.
- If you cannot store sandbags onsite, know where you can access sand and bags when a storm watch or warning is issued.