July trial date set for Quentin Bealer

May 28, 2015 2:38 PM by News Staff

A trial date has been set for Quentin Bealer, the man accused of killing a 14-year-old Red Bluff High School Student in 2013.

Officials with the Tehama County District Attorney's Office say Bealer's trial is tentatively scheduled to begin July 6 at 9 a.m. in Sacramento.

Tehama County District Attorney Gregg Cohen told Action News Now on Thursday that pretrial motions will begin in Tehama County on June 17 in front of Judge Jonathan Skillman, and Cohen said he expects the defense to seek a continuation of the July 6 trial date.

Bealer is accused of strangling Marysa Nichols in the field next to Red Bluff High School on February 26, 2013.

Marysa's father Rick Nichols told Action News Now it has been a long road getting to this point, but Marysa deserves justice.

Earlier this month Bealer spoke with Action News Now from the Tehama County Jail visitors' center. He has maintained his innocence since he turned himself in February 28, 2013.

During the interview, Bealer explained why some of his DNA was found on Marysa's body and says he has documents that punch holes in the prosecution's case regarding the time of death, credibility of witnesses and even cases of possible coercion of witnesses by investigators. None of those claims and accusations could be verified by Action News Now.

MORE: Man accused of killing Red Bluff teen gives jailhouse interview


Most Popular