Jul 17, 2015 6:31 PM by News Staff
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A federal judge in California has dismissed a lawsuit against US Soccer and other soccer organizations that said they had not done enough to reduce the risk of injury from concussions and repetitive heading of balls.
U.S. District Judge Phyllis Hamilton ruled Thursday that the seven soccer players named as plaintiffs had no right to bring the lawsuit in part because they had failed to show they had been injured or were in imminent danger of injury and that the defendants were to blame. She cited the argument to dismiss the case against US Soccer and four other national or regional soccer organizations.
Plaintiffs' attorney Steve Berman says he will amend the complaint based on the judge's instructions.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.