Apr 17, 2014 7:07 PM
Investigators with the Chico Police Department and the Chico Fire Department have wrapped up their investigation into an April 4th fire that left one man dead in Chico.
The fire happened around 2:45 p.m. Friday April 4 at the Villa Serena apartment complex on Floral Avenue in Chico.
Investigators discovered the victim, identified as 31-year-old Mark Jacob Dixon, in the shower with the water running.
According to the Chico Fire Department evidence at the scene indicates an intense flammable vapor fire occurred inside the bathroom. Investigators found multiple cans of flammable aerosol products in the bathroom as well.
It is the belief of the Chico Fire Department that Dixon died from his burns while seeking relief in the shower.
The fire department also stated they believe the man may have been making hash oil in the apartment. There was drug paraphernalia and evidence of drug use found in the apartment.