Hoverboard explodes in San Francisco Bay Area home

Dec 15, 2015 11:37 AM by News Staff

BRENTWOOD, Calif. (AP) - A hoverboard burst into flames in a San Francisco Bay Area suburban home, charring a kitchen wall but causing no injuries.

KNTV reports Tuesday that a Brentwood family was at home Monday night charging the hoverboard, also known as a self-balancing scooter, when the toy started popping and crackling and burst into flames.

The flames charred some tiling and walls along the foyer leading to a bedroom, and the family called firefighters to douse the remnants of the small fire, the station reported.

About a dozen hoverboards have combusted in 10 states in recent months.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission is looking into the safety of the entire product line.


Information from: KNTV-TV.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.


Most Popular