Honey oil blamed for Nord Avenue apartment fire

Jul 15, 2015 2:11 PM by News Staff

Authorities say a butane honey oil lab explosion was behind the fire that left a Butte College student hospitalized and a Nord Avenue apartment complex damaged last weekend.

According to Chico police, Ahmed Fargharly, 25, was found outside his apartment moments after the explosion occurred around 12:30 p.m. Saturday.

Witnesses reported hearing a loud explosion from Fargharly's unit at 725 Nord Ave and the blast blew out several windows in the first floor apartment.

Fargharly is expected to survive and no other injuries were reported. Charges will be filed with the Butte County District Attorney's Office.


Most Popular