Butte County, the City of Chico, and AquAlliance are teaming up to host a public groundwater forum … updating state and local ground water monitoring, surface water supplies, and the challenges and opportunities surrounding our water resources.
According to a joint news release the main feature of the program will be information about the current groundwater conditions compiled from more than 100 wells monitored on a quarterly basis.
Speakers will present historical, political, and policy perspectives from the vantage point of local government, agricultural surface water districts, groundwater dependent farmers, and non-governmental organizations.
• Paul Gosselin, Director of the Butte County Department of Water and Resource Conservation
• Christina Buck, PhD., Water Resource Scientist for Butte County
• Bryce Lundberg, Lundberg Family Farms and Thad Bettner, Glenn Colusa Irrigation District
• Barbara Vlamis, AquAlliance
• Ed McLaughlin, former Butte County Supervisor and Durham farmer
The Butte County Ground Water Forum takes place Thursday, May 22, 2014. 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Chico City Council Chambers.
For more information contact AquAlliance Executive Director Barbara Vlamis at (530) 895-9420, firstname.lastname@example.org , or Paul Gosselin, Director of Butte County Department of Water and Resource Conservation at (530) 538-4343, email@example.com.