Jun 18, 2015 6:36 PM by Ally Triolo
A Feather River Heath Center security guard has saved three dogs from dying. Just this week, Leon Snead has called animal control to rescue the pups who were trapped inside overheated vehicles. While patrolling the Feather River Heath Center parking lot, he heard the dogs "screaming for help."
According to the American Veterinary Association, hundreds of pets die each year from heat exhaustion. When a car is turned off and sitting in the blazing sun, its temperature can rise as high as 140 degrees in just one hour. After witnessing this danger on multiple occasions, Snead is advocating for pet owners to make a change.
"Bottom line just leave your dogs at home...even with the windows down its not going to cool off [your vehicle] enough," he said.
As the North State's summer heat increases, Snead wants to remind residents that if they plan on leaving their car parked for an extensive period of time, they should simply leave their pets at home.
2 days ago