Jun 2, 2015 2:17 PM by News Staff
Pacific Gas and Electric crews have successfully repaired a gas leak near the Chico State campus.
The gas leak was reported at 9:20 a.m. and school officials ordered the evacuation of Holt Hall, Modoc Hall and the Aymer J. Hamilton building. Several nearby homes were also evacuated.
The leak was from natural gas line on Arcadian Avenue and happened while PG&E crews were doing construction work on a sidewalk. Officials say they are not sure if the workers dug in the wrong place, or if the digging location was incorrectly marked.
Several nearby roads were closed for nearly two hours, but as of 11:20 a.m. everything had been reopened.