Mar 14, 2014 12:52 PM
At approximately 10:30 a.m. a gas leak was reported at Fair View High School in Chico.
Principal David McKay said a teacher smelled gas coming from the area of a woodshop on the campus this morning. All students in the area were moved away from the area. McKay said it appeared as though a pipe was hit by a lawn mower and gas was visibly coming out it.
All students were moved out of the area and the gas was immediately turned off.
The Chico Fire Department responded to the incident and PG&E sent a crew to the scene.
The gas was turned back on shortly after 11:00 a.m. and repairs were made by the Chico Unified Maintenance Department.