Garbage truck driver saves burning Red Bluff home

May 5, 2014 11:49 AM

A Red Bluff homeowner had to flee her home after a fire broke out around 7:30 a.m., but thankfully a quick thinking garbage truck driver was in the area.

Homeowner Maricela Villasenor and her daughter discovered a kitchen fire in their home at 585 Walton Drive in Red Bluff this morning and quickly ran outside.

Once outside they flagged down Greenwaste trash collector Hector Dominguez, who used a chemical fire extinguisher to knock down the flames.

When firefighters arrived smoke was coming from the home, but all the flames had been extinguished.

According to a press release from the Red Bluff Fire Department, the fire started in a pan of food, burned the kitchen stove and filled the house with smoke. Fire investigators say cooking oil was left on the burner for too long.

The Red Bluff Fire Department said the only reason the fire didn’t spread to other parts of the home was because of Dominguez’s quick actions.


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4