Fire destroys Redding motor home

Jun 29, 2015 3:19 PM by News Staff

A Redding motor home was completely destroyed Monday morning when a candle sparked a fire.

Fire crews were called to the home near Knoll Lane and Oak Leaf Lane around 9:20 a.m. Investigators say the fire was caused by an open flame candle the woman living inside had been burning.

The flames spread to nearby vegetation, but Cal Fire and Redding Fire crews were able to quickly contain it.

The biggest concern was spotting, but winds were relatively mild and crews made quick work of the incident.

The resident was arrested on a non-related warrant.


Most Popular