Update: A fire broke out at the Sure Stop Gas Station on South Market Street in Redding around 5:45am Wednesday morning. The fire was quickly contained leaving major damage to the building. The owner of the gas station, Naresh Gujral, estimates a total of $100,000 in damages. One man was found inside a walk-in freezer in the building. He was taken to Mercy Medical Center for smoke inhalation.
There were signs of a break-in. Gujral overheard officers say that the man found in the freezer was possibly on parole for arson. We will bring you the latest information as the story develops.