Mar 28, 2016 5:55 PM by News Staff
The FBI no longer believes it needs Apple's help in opening the iPhone used by San Bernardino shooter attacker Syed Farook, a senior government official said Monday.
The government has been seeking Apple's assistance in bypassing security features on the phone, on which the contents are encrypted. Lawyers for the Department of Justice asked for a delay in a court hearing last week, after saying that an unnamed third party had come forward with a possible way to crack the phone without Apple's help.
The iPhone 5C used by Farook has not yet been unlocked, but the FBI believes the newly discovered method will be successful, the senior government official said.
1 day ago