"We lost everything to come out here and take care of them. And now we lost everything again," Jeremiah Moler says.
Jeremiah, his wife Christy, and two children, 9-year-old Cierra and 6-month-old Allyssa, lost everything
Tuesday when their home went up in flames. The Molers moved to Linda two years ago from Alabama after finding out that Jeremiah's grandfather was diagnosed with terminal cancer. So seeing everything charred was devastating. Jeremiah says, "A complete 100% loss."
Shortly before 6 p.m. in the 1700 block of Hammonton-Smartville Road, a transformer blew on a utility pole across the street from the Molers home. Neighbors say after the blow, a power line struck a lower line causing a spark, which knocked out power to the entire area. And seconds later they say they saw smoke billowing from the house and all of the Moler's possessions burning in the flames.
But what the family says is the most devastating part about this entire thing are the pictures and memories that cannot be replaced. Jeremiah says, "My grandfather's urn is burned up, all my grandfathers pictures.. His American flag from the service.."
Linda Assistant Fire Chief Bob Criss, says after further investigation, they believe the fire started in the laundry room area.. as a result of the exploding transformer. Which might make this case a little more complicated. Bob Criss says, "We're completing an investigation and PG&E has also turned it over to their legal staff and they'll be doing an investigation also."
But for now, all the Molers can think about is finding food, clothes and a roof over their heads until the case is resolved. Jeremiah says, "Anything will help. I don't know what to do.. We don't know what to do."
We just got off the phone with a PG&E Spokesperson. He says a pin holding in the power line broke which is what triggered the whole incident. He says PG&E is investigating.
Meanwhile, the American Red Cross has paid for the family to stay in a motel for three nights, but after that they will need money, clothes and a place to stay. If you would like to help the Molers, you can contact them by calling (251) 228-2008..