Family escapes burning home through bedroom window

Mar 16, 2015 11:42 AM by News Staff

A family of five managed to escape a house fire through a bedroom window early Sunday morning in Redding.

The Redding Fire Department was called to a garage fire at 1111 4th Street around 2:15 a.m. Sunday, and found a fully engulfed garage, with the flames spreading into the adjacent home.

Five people, including two children were inside the house, and their exit path was blocked due to the flames, however they all managed to escape through a rear bedroom window.

After they knocked down the flames, investigators determined that the fire started in the garage when a lamp used for warming two chicks became dislodged.

Stay up to date with the latest North State headlines by downloading the FREE Action News Now mobile app


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4