Electrical fire forces brief evacuation at Atria Senior Living

Feb 10, 2014 3:46 PM

(UPDATE) 2: 53 p.m.- Butte County Cal Fire responded to the reported fire at Atria Senior Living and found the first floor filled with smoke. As firefighters made their way to the laundry room, 15 staff members helped 91 residents evacuate the building. After extinguishing the fire, firefighters aided in helping clear smoke from the building. The residents were temporarily moved to a safe area but were allowed back into the facility around 2:30 p.m.

Cal Fire estimated the damages caused by the fire in the dryer at $5,000.

An electrical fire in a dryer prompted an evacuation this afternoon at the Atria Senior Living Center on Buschmann Road in Paradise.

The fire was first reported just after 1:30 p.m. Initial scanner reports indicate the fire is contained to a dryer in the laundry room, but heavy smoke in first level prompted center officials to evacuate the center.

We have not received any reports of injuries.


Most Popular