Apr 24, 2014 11:33 AM
The Chico Fire Department responded to reports of heavy smoke coming from the roof of Acker Gym at Chico State just after 9:00 a.m.
The fire was determined to be a small electrical fire and was contained quickly.
The smoke was from an overheated motor.
The gym was evacuated, but all occupants have now returned to the building.
Road closures were ordered for Warner Street to Legion Street, but the closures were lifted shortly after Chico Fire arrived on the scene.
2 days ago