Discarded cigarette sparks mobile home fire in Redding

Nov 4, 2015 12:36 PM by Cheryl Wengren

A mobile home fire early Wednesday morning was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette, according to Shasta County fire investigators.

Shasta County Cal Fire and Anderson fire crews were dispatched to the home on Parkway Drive in the Lazy Landing Mobile Home Park just after midnight.

Fire officials say the fire started outside the home when somebody tossed a cigarette out in the area of something flammable.

There were no injuries to the three residents or firefighters, but the home was completely destroyed and the Red Cross has been called to help the displaced.


Most Popular