Delay in Change of Venue decision for Bealer

Nov 12, 2014 8:51 PM

Another delay in the change of venue motion for the man accused of killing 14-year old Marysa Nichols.

Wednesday afternoon, the judge added a fourth location for Quentin Bealer's trial, after the district attorney's office expressed dissatisfaction in possibly moving the trial to Sacramento.

The judge added Sutter County to the list of potential locations Bealer could be transferred to, but shortly after his announcement, an argument between the defense and prosecution erupted.

Bealer's attorney Shon Northam told Judge Garaventa he was going to file a motion for discovery to obtain a video from the prosecution.
That video allegedly shows 14-year old Marysa Nichols following Bealer the day she disappeared.

Northam claims that Red Bluff Police Chief Nanfito and the Tehama County District Attorney Gregg Cohen may not have that part of the video, after declining to submit it during a press conference back in 2013.

"I want that video tape. Where is that portion of the video that Chief Nanfito referred to in that press conference, and if it exists, why don't I have it?", said Shon Northam in an interview today.

Earlier this week, Tehama County District Attorney Gregg Cohen said there is a video, but declined to give any further details.

"If you look back at the time the murder occurred, there would be some potential evidence...that's about all I can say on that."

Northam says if there is video showing Marysa, it should have already been submitted by the District Attorney's office for the defense to review.
For now, both the prosecution and the defense will have to wait and see where Bealer's trial will be held.

A final decision may not come until Monday, November 17th.


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4