Jan 24, 2014 11:54 AM
The City of Chico and the Chico Fire Department is reminding citizens to use extra caution with combustible materials while visiting Bidwell Park with continued dry and breezy conditions in the forecast.
The city has provided the following fire prevention tips:
· Extinguish and dispose of smoking materials properly in an ashtray or non-combustible container. There is no smoking allowed in any City Park or Greenway.
· Never pull your vehicle or park in dry grass and only park in designated parking areas.
· Campfires and camping are not permitted in city limits, fireworks are also forbidden.
· BBQs are allowed only in designated areas of Bidwell Park. The city asks to refrain using BBQs in windy conditions and make sure coals are completely extinguished when you are finished.
· OBSERVE NO BURN DAYS. When using a wood-burning stove or fireplace, make sure ashes are completely extinguished with water and placed in a metal container before disposal.
Park Rangers are asking anyone who sees irresponsible fire behavior or notices smote to make note of there it is and call 911.
For more information, visit http://www.preventwildfireca.org/
2 days ago