Dec 5, 2014 3:00 PM by News Staff
Construction crews have finished repairing fire station 5 on Manzanita Avenue after mold was discovered inside last November.
Firefighters at station 5 watched Friday morning as the trailer they've had as their makeshift home for the last year was hauled away.
In November of 2013 officials found that fire station 5 had a widespread mold problem, the result of some faulty construction work.
In May the Chico City Council approved a $200,000 budget for the reconstruction project. While the work was underway Firefighters chose to rent a trailer and live at the station, rather than split up and move to various locations around town.