Jun 27, 2014 6:52 PM
Chico Fire and PG&E officials are on the scene downtown at 3rd and Broadway Streets after smoke was reportedly spotted coming from the PG&E vault.
When Chico Fire officials arrived on the scene they found sparks and smoke coming from several storm drains, and multiple storm drains had been displaced.
PG&E officials say the fire is unrelated to Tuesday's incident in the same area, but the same 45 customers who lost power Tuesday had their power shut off as of 4:30 p.m.
Authorities have shut down 3rd Street from Salem Street to Broadway Street.
People should avoid the area.