Nov 18, 2014 12:26 PM by News Staff
The Chico Fire Department is investigating a fire that broke out just before midnight Monday on the 800 block of W. Sacramento Avenue.
The homeowner told Action News Now he woke up to the smell of smoke and fiberglass burning in the attic and was able to escape safely.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire, which was contained quickly and kept from spreading beyond the attic, is still under investigation. Neighbors say the house has a history of electrical problems.
Fire officials say as more residents turn on heaters and fireplaces during the winter months, it's important to properly maintain chimneys and wood stoves to avoid fires.
2 days ago