Chico apartment fire result of kitchen mishap

Jun 16, 2014 6:38 PM

Fire investigators have determined that a Friday afternoon apartment fire in Chico was the result of a kitchen mishap and no foul play or criminal activity is suspected.

The fire started just after 2:00 p.m. Friday afternoon at an apartment complex at 2780 Pillsbury Rd. After speaking with witnesses and conducting an investigation the Oroville Fire Department concluded the fire started in apartment 216 after a pan of grease was left unattended on the stove.

The fire was contained to unit 216, but four other units' sustained damages.


Most Popular