Cal Fire: Space heater likely cause of Anderson house fire

Oct 13, 2015 2:44 PM by News Staff

Fire investigators say a Tuesday morning house fire in Anderson was sparked when a homeowner forgot to turn off a portable space heater.

Firefighters were called to the 2100 block of Reading Drive, near Riverland Drive, in Anderson just after 10 a.m.

Upon arrival they found a small fire burning in a back bedroom, and flames that had spread to the attic. The fire was knocked down by 10:25 a.m.

Fire officials say a couple lives in the home, but were not there when the blaze broke out. No injuries have been reported, and the couple is not expected to be displaced.

A preliminary investigation revealed that the fire started when the couple left home without turning off a portable space heater.


Most Popular