Nov 4, 2015 10:02 AM by News Team, Photo: Javier Carmona
Authorities say seven children were inside an Oroville home when a Butane Honey Oil lab exploded Tuesday night.
The Butte County Sheriff’s Office says the house fire and explosion happened at a home on the 5300 block of Walmer Road in Oroville around 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Authorities said they found evidence consistent with a butane honey oil lab inside one of the home’s bathrooms. Isaiah Rutherford, 28, was found near the explosion and determined to be responsible for the honey lab.
Four other adults and seven children were in the house and were uninjured in the explosion. The children, ages two through 12, were turned over to social services.
Rutherford suffered major burns and was transported to a local hospital for treatment. No arrests have been made.