Jan 28, 2014 3:16 PM
The Butte County Board of Supervisors have approved an amendment on restrictions for medical marijuana cultivation in the county this afternoon.
The Board of Supervisors approved the following cultivation limits:
1. Sets the cultivation limits as follows:
a. Parcels 0.5 and less - indoor cultivation only, in a detached structure no larger than 120 sq. ft. in size, 15 ft. setbacks (unchanged from previous requirements);
b. Parcels >0.5 acres - <5 acres - 50 sq. ft. of cultivation area, 50 ft. setbacks - with at least 1 recommendation;
c. Parcels >/= 5 acres - <10 acres - 100 sq. ft. of cultivation area, 75 ft. setbacks - with at least 2 recommendations;
d. Parcels >/=10 acres and up - 150 sq. ft. of cultivation area, 150 ft. setbacks - with at least 3 recommendations.
2. Requires cultivation to be in a single cultivation area;
3. Revises the setback requirements for harvesting (drying, processing and storage) to the same as cultivation setbacks;
4. Limits the harvesting of marijuana to the marijuana grown on that parcel (not allowed to bring material in to process); and
5. Revises the complaint process to allow anyone to complain.
We will have a full report on Action News Now tonight.